[WikiEN-l] Brandt wishes to release personal details of all Wikipedia admins

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 26 04:09:32 UTC 2005

--- Stan Shebs <shebs at apple.com> wrote:

> Violet/Riga wrote:
>
> >According to a thread at the Wikipedia Review forum (
>
>http://wikipediareview.proboards78.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=1134797879&page=1)
> >Daniel Brandt is wishing to name every Wikipedia admin, expanding the
> >Hivemind page (http://www.wikipedia-watch.org/hivemind.html) to include all
> >such details.
> >
> BTW, his enemies list looked like a pretty distinguished crowd,
> so I sent him mail asking to be added to it, along with where I
> live so he would get more excited.
>
> Stan

My real name (Daniel Mayer) and where I live (Atlanta, Georgia, USA) is not a secret. If that is
all he is listing, then I wouldn't care if I were on that list either. But if he starts to list
other things, such as home addresses, phone numbers, workplace, etc, then that is something very
different since that can be used to harass people and even put them in danger. How many crank
calls directed at you to your boss will your boss tolerate before firing you?

So, IMO, the list as is, is mostly harmless. But then, I may be hardend by the fact that I've
received death threats in the past by a now banned Wikipedian.

-- mav