[WikiEN-l] One line summaries of WP Guidelines and Policies

Steve Bennett stevage at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 12:20:55 UTC 2005

Hi,

> We already have this, as I've said, at [[Help:Contents]]. And
> why have a big box, when the same text as a first line can be
> done instead? _______________________________________________

I'm having a look at that page (which, being a monobook user, I've never
seen before), but it doesn't do what I'm trying to achieve.  In terms of
policies and guidelines, there are links to [[WP:RULES]], [[WP:V]]
(labelled "why" [cite sources]), [[WP:DR]] and [[WP:MOS]], but that's it
for policies and guidelines. Also, they're just links, they don't
summarise what those policies and guidelines mean.

It's true that some P&G almost have self-evident titles, like "Sign your
posts on talk pages". Others don't: "Build the web" and "Three revert
rule".

One possible positive side effect of creating such a summarised list is
that it will enable people to spot contradictions between guidelines
more easily. This should reduce the "cite which ever guideline helps
your case" problem.

Steve