[WikiEN-l] Defamatory Biographies - another problem loomingforWikipedia?

David Gerard fun at thingy.apana.org.au
Wed Dec 21 22:59:46 UTC 2005

Conrad Dunkerson wrote:
> Bryan Derksen wrote:

>> Every type of stub I've seen so far has some sort of corresponding
>> non-stub category that the article can be placed in, so whenever I
>> remove extra stub templates I make sure the article's properly
>> categorized. They don't get "lost" that way.

> Hmmm... instead of having a hierarchy of 'categories' and a parallel
> hierarchy of 'stub categories' it might make sense to just have one
> hierarchy and a single generic stub notice. Only drawback I can see is
> that there isn't currently a simple way to identify 'articles in this
> category with a stub notice' or 'articles in category-1 AND category-2'.
> Still, it probably wouldn't be too difficult to have category views with
> 'display only articles also in the Stub category'. Would cut the
> categorization and sorting work significantly.

One of the reasons for stub sorting was that [[Category:Stub]] had tens
of thousands of entries and this was enough to start making things go
funny. It also made it almost impossible to say "hmm ... think I'll go
expand some stubs" unless you're really fond of topics starting with A.

The stub categories are not parallel; each is under a non-stub category.

- d.