[WikiEN-l] Improper block redux

David Gerard fun at thingy.apana.org.au
Wed Dec 21 19:46:39 UTC 2005

Brock Batsell wrote:
> Kurt Maxwell Weber wrote:

>> Anyway, karmafist has now placed another indef block on me (because he
>> "didn't see it on the logs".  This is getting ridiculous.

> I have discussed the block with several administrators and there's more
> history there than I realized.  Your edits were disruptive, as I said
> before, and you had been blocked twice before for the same reason.
> Since you ignored the first section of my e-mail regarding the validity
> of your use of the word deletionist (which you have ignored in the
> past), I won't be defending you any longer in AN/I.

I unblocked Kurt and left a note on Karmafist's talk page saying why,
and another note on WP:ANI about why, and requesting that admins keep to
24 hour blocks maximum.

I also left a long note on [[User talk:Kmweber]].

The problem with Kurt is that he is of the school of "if you can't prove
me wrong to my satisfaction, then it means I am right, and can continue
to behave this way". Zephram Stark and zen-master are other examples.
They are incredibly disruptive and annoying, and basically drive normal
editors into an incandescent rage.

Thankfully, we *don't* have to prove them wrong to their own
satisfaction ... so I asked that admins monitoring his edits keep it to
instructive and loving cattleprod zaps, until he learns what works and
what doesn't.

Working productively with people you consider completely incorrect
idiots is pretty much mandatory for Wikipedia. It's *not optional*. Kurt
seems convinced we're mostly wrong and illogical, but still has to be
able to work with such people without driving them into an incandescent
rage to stay here and edit.

- d.