[WikiEN-l] Defamatory Biographies - another problem loomingforWikipedia?

Steve Bennett stevage at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 14:32:03 UTC 2005

> Until reducing multiple stubs becomes a bannible offence, I
> will continue to do it, based on my editorial discression.
> you have been warned.

You may want to consider the fact that it takes more time and effort to
add stubs than it does to remove them.

Personally, I see stubs as being like throwing out a lifeline to some
relevant community that you don't even know yet. It's like saying, "Hey,
I created this short article about an Australian rock star/politician,
for god's sake can someone who knows about Australian rock stars or
Australian politicians come along and clean it up!" Removing the
politician half, for example, would reduce significantly the number of
people who might find it and fix it.

IMHO, stubs are vulnerable because they have so few links to them or
from them, and are so likely to get "lost". More links increases the
chances that some kind person will stumble upon it and fix it. I never
actively seek out stubs to work on - but if I hit one, I occasionally
flesh it out a bit.

Steve