[WikiEN-l] Re: Defamatory Biographies - another problem loomingforWikipedia?

Phil Boswell phil.boswell at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 16:30:08 UTC 2005

"Andrew Gray" <shimgray at gmail.com> wrote in
message news:f3fedb0d0512181443q5805d6fdq at mail.gmail.com...
> On 18/12/05, Steve Bennett
> <stevage at gmail.com> wrote:
> >   Do we have a foolproof way of iterating over all biographies of living
> > people? If not, is it time we introduced a flag, or even just a category
> > "Living person", to do so?
> For all bios with categories, then if it's in [[Category:xxxx births]]
> where xxxx is greater than 1890, but not in any [[Category:yyyy
> deaths]], they're either alive or need updated.

I was going to suggest that {{lifetime}} and/or {{lived}} could be modified
so that the death date was optional, and lack thereof would put the article
into [[Category:Living people]], but given the recent furore over
conditional templates, maybe now is not the time...:-(

Also, I note that these templates have been listed for instant Substitution,
so the information wouldn't actually stick anyway :-(
--
Phil
[[en:User:Phil Boswell]]