[WikiEN-l] Weird survey about wikipedia

Mathias Schindler mathias.schindler at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 13:45:14 UTC 2005

Hi,

 a German magazine editor recently ranted a little bit about wikipedia
(on the occasion of the Nature publication).
(http://www.spektrumdirekt.de/artikel/796177&template=d_nd_y)

However, there is some kind of "survey" online:

http://www.umfragendienst.de/form/wikipedia

Feel free to answer these totally unbiased questions :)

Mathias

1. How often do you use wikipedia?
- never
- less then once a month
- 2-3 times a month
- 2-3 times a week
-daily

2. Have you ever created or edited articles on wikipedia?

- no
- once
- 2-10 times
- 10-50 times
- more often

3. Did you ever find an error in an wikipedia article?

- no
- yes, once
- more often
- very often

4. If the answer on 3. is yes, did you correct the mistake? [note:
yes, it is a singular here]

- yes
- no, because I did not now how to do it
- no, because I was not sure wheter I knew it better
- no, because I did not have any time or interest in it

5. Rate the following statements (left= I totally agree  / right= I
totally disagree)

- "Wikipedia has the same quality like an encyclopedia that is managed
by a staff"
- "Wikipedia is a grassroots form of spreading Knowledge"
- "Wikipedia will be able to remain backed up by donations and will be
free from ads"
- "Wikipedia is providing enough protection for rights of persons and
copyrights"
- "Anomity and lack of responsibility are a problem of wikipedia"