[WikiEN-l] Re: [Wikitech-l] Review feature

Magnus Manske magnus.manske at web.de
Sun Dec 18 22:23:17 UTC 2005

Am Sonntag, den 18.12.2005, 17:07 +0000 schrieb David Gerard:
> Magnus Manske wrote:
>
> > I would like to announce that I have begun a complete rewrite of the
> > validation function. The new one is hereby called "Review feature" and
> > is implemented as an extension. Eventually, I will remove the
> > SpecialValidation.php file and all related code from the phase3 module.
> > The sole technical purpose of this rewrite is to give Brion peace of
> > mind :-)
>

> OK ... any idea on time for this one?

Right about ... now!

OK, basic functionality is working:
* You can review versions of a page, it will merge your other reviews
into it where you leave it on "no opinion".
* There's statistics per page, page revision, user, user per page

What's not (yet) working:
* A "real" page for review (currently, it's only in the sidebar). Do we
need that?
* A checkbox where you can turn off merging (which is the only way to
blank your review again:-) Simple, but I'm too tired right now...
* Merging is done even when you review an older version than the last
one you reviewed. So, you have reviewed version #100 already, now you
review version #5. Your review of version #100 gets merged into that of
#10 and deleted. This behaviour might actually make sense, though.

All these are easy to fix, though.

> *sigh*
>
> (and avoiding the XSS vulnerabilities of the last one?)

Now with "X-Files paranoia level" :-)

Magnus