[WikiEN-l] more Kennedy assassination fun

Rob gamaliel8 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 17 09:00:21 UTC 2005

David Gerard fun at thingy.apana.org.au:

If we know any non-insane JFK assassination experts on
the wiki, please get them on the case

Yeah, I guess that's me.

There are 102 articles in [[Category:JFK
assassination]], almost all of which I have
watchlisted, and I've tried to remove the worst of the
insanity from most of them and made significant
rewrites to the most important ones.  Some days it's
all I can do (with significant help from JimWae) to
keep the main assassination article and [[Lee Harvey
Oswald]] free of utter nonsense and conspiracy
speculation, and I find myself getting into bizarre
talk page arguments about Oswald's childhood TV
viewing habits and whether or not he was molested as a
teenager by his supposed CIA contact.  (Yes, those
arguments really happened.)  [[Kennedy assassination
theories]] is one that I've largely avoided, apart
from removing the more bizarre theories involving
aliens and so forth.  Mark's probably got the best
solution - "replace the
article with a stub, insisting that any of the removed
claims be
referenced before being readded."  It's probably best
to start from scratch.

I've thought about starting a WikiProject on this
topic to police   and improve these articles, but I
never got around to it, mostly because I didn't really
think anyone would be interested besides myself.