[WikiEN-l] Improve quality by reviewing all new articles

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Sat Dec 17 07:45:09 UTC 2005

Anthony DiPierro wrote:

>You're right in theory, but in practice I don't think new articles are
>coming in fast enough that there are some that no one looks at at all.
> Someone *did* look at the Seigenthaler article, it's just that the
>mistakes were subtle enough to not be obvious.  I don't know if it
>contained any references or not, but it certainly could have, just not
>references for every single fact.

Saying that the allegations were dropped shortly after they were made
could leave the impression that the issue was not as serious as would
first appear.

>Say you defined "trusted user" as a user who has at least 500 edits.
>It would be no problem to present a list of articles that haven't been
>edited by such a "trusted user".

Having a trusted users among the editors may not be enough  His edit may
be as a part of a search and destroy mission for a particular common
spelling mistake.  He would make just that change without bothering to
read the rest of the article..  Another possibility is that he may be
making link fixes that arose from edits he was making elsewhere.

Ec