[WikiEN-l] more Kennedy assassination fun

stevertigo vertigosteve at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 16 22:58:14 UTC 2005

After reading a couple on this thread, I went to the
'Kennedy assassination theories' article and found
that Fred had just AFD it, claiming it was a nest for
"vandals and kooks."

Here is my response:

Hardly a good reason to delete a page. Both JFK and
his assassination are reasonably encyclopedic topics
about one of the more prominent politicians in the
last century and how he died. Stemming from that are
the various theories about how it came about, and its
not original research to point out what the various
points of view.

Because the 'official version' does not have very
broad support, NPOV requires that the various other
theories be explained, albeit in a general and
condensed way. Are these theories "conspiratorial"
theories? Of course, and this should be explained,
albeit in a way which does not rely on a pejorative
interpretation of the term "conspiracy."

I do agree however that 'vandals and kooks' would feel
more at home on some Wikipedia fork. ;)

-Ste|vertigo