[WikiEN-l] The a7 speedy

Matt Brown morven at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 12:00:26 UTC 2005

On 12/15/05, Mark Gallagher <m.g.gallagher at student.canberra.edu.au> wrote:
> But just because a band fails to meet the "notability guidelines" doesn't mean we
> should delete it.  It's not a bad argument for doing so, admittedly.

I believe such guidelines are effectively a good guide for keeping,
not deletion.  If we could have a speedy keep criterion for the topic,
and so forth.

In other words, if the WP:MUSIC guidelines spit out 'Yes, is notable',
we should pretty much always keep the article.  However, if the
article fails WP:MUSIC, it is not an automatic delete, since other
factors might make the article worthwhile.

-Matt