[WikiEN-l] The George W. Bush article: is this still a wiki?

Brian brian0918 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 21:24:09 UTC 2005

Tony Sidaway wrote:

>On 12/15/05, Brian <brian0918 at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>I think this problem has been thoroughly discussed on the article's talk
>>page, and the evidence clearly shows that this variable drastically cuts
>>down on the number of random vandalisms.
>>

>And, no doubt, the number of edits!

Consider it necessary semi-protection. Unless you plan on watching that
article for vandalism, which, without that NOEDITSECTION, happens once
every 2-5 minutes, please do not complain so vehemently. This appears to
be the best option until next month when some big changes occur. If you
want, you can use a browser that allows you to search in edit boxes,
such as Internet Explorer. But, the reality is, the majority of the
George W. Bush article is alright and in need of little editing. The
other option, which will happen if you remove the NOEDITSECTION, is to
once again protect the page, so that only admins can edit it. This is a
much freer option.