[WikiEN-l] Verifiability

Stan Shebs shebs at apple.com
Thu Dec 15 21:23:29 UTC 2005

Jon wrote:

>  Is there any reason why we don’t introduce immediately a rule that says all new information added to an article must be sourced or referenced or the edit will automatically be reverted? And any new articles must be sourced or referenced within two hours, say, of their creation, or will be speedily deleted?

To some extent, that's quietly happening, both reversions of
unsourced adds, and edits that include references. I'd just as
soon not try to formalize beyond the warning that is now on the
edit screen - a sudden deluge of plausible-looking but faked-up
sources would be a major problem for RC and watchlist patrol.

Stan