[WikiEN-l] Verifiability

David Gerard fun at thingy.apana.org.au
Thu Dec 15 20:59:45 UTC 2005

geni wrote:
> On 12/15/05, Fred Bauder <fredbaud at ctelco.net> wrote:

>>A better approach is for all of us in our regular editing start
>>gradually asking more often for a reference and do more deleting when
>>it is not provided.

> Heh. "Do you have a reference for that?" has always been the warcry of
> our more skilled edit warriours.

Although it can be taken to a querulous extent (I remember how User:AI
did this on Scientology-related articles), I can't say they're really
*wrong* to do so and to encourage this. Ideally, a good editor should
not add a new thing to an article without being able to say exactly
where it came from.

- d.