[WikiEN-l] Re: More Seigenthaler fallout

Phil Boswell phil.boswell at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 13:51:32 UTC 2005

"Daniel Mayer" <maveric149 at yahoo.com> wrote in
message news:20051214181232.9008.qmail at web51610.mail.yahoo.com...
--- Mark Wagner <carnildo at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Bad idea.  I don't know about other admins, but I use rollback for
> > things other than vandalism and linkspam, such as widespread
> > implementations of bad ideas.  Most recent case: someone had modified
> > the wording of about three dozen stub templates in a way that implied
> > that a particular wikiproject had ownership over the articles in
> > question.
> How is that a bad idea? The page history is for showing how an article
> developed. If a bit of text
> is no longer in the article due to a revert for any purpose, then the edit
> that added it and the
> edit that removed it need not be there forever. A week is long enough. In
> addition to removing
> vandalism, the above idea would also help to de-clutter page histories.

Am I right in thinking that we're not talking about expunging these history
entries from the database, simply deleting them.

So they will still show up as "deleted edits" which admins could restore if
necessary.

Would it maybe be possible to fix it so that "deleted edits" show up in user
contributions, labelled in some way, with restricted access?
--
Phil
[[en:User:Phil Boswell]]