[WikiEN-l] More Seigenthaler fallout

John Lee johnleemk at gawab.com
Thu Dec 15 08:16:59 UTC 2005

geni wrote:

>On 12/14/05, Kelly Martin <kelly.lynn.martin at gmail.com> wrote:

>>>It isn't as if we have the luxery to say that.
>>>

>>Just what do you mean by that?  There's no reason why we need to
>>continue to grant admin privileges to people who abuse them.
>>
>>Kelly
>>

>We don't have enough active admins. Roveing the ones we do have on any
>reasonable scale is not an option.
>

>--
>geni

No big deal, remember? Deopping should be as easy as opping, IMO.
Anyway, I think a lot of admins (including myself) have misused rollback
at one time or another, or just misclicked (due to impulse?). I support
hitting people who misuse rollback on the head with a cluestick, but
unless the admin refuses to heed the advice, I'm not sure deopping would
be the right thing. (Though it's always up to the community.) This is
also why I think removing rolled back edits from the page history is a
*bad thing*. Just because it's no longer in the article doesn't make a
particular edit bad. In addition, as others have noted, we'll lose
history of vandalism and disputes. (Although it would be funny to see a
user talk littered with {{test5}}s but nothing in
[[Special:Contributions]].)

John Lee
([[User:Johnleemk]])