[WikiEN-l] Speedy deleletion patrol

Jimmy Wales jwales at wikia.com
Wed Dec 14 19:47:38 UTC 2005

David Gerard wrote:
>     "Newpages patrol and RC patrol are unpleasant tasks, and the
> workload is such that the admirable people who do it may well make
> mistakes. As such, the emphasis here is not on policy enforcement for
> the sake of it, but recovering genuinely useful material that shouldn't
> have been deleted — to act as a [[catcher]]. Speedy deletion
> patrollers tend not to query borderline cases."

Personally I would modify this slightly by even further acknowledging
that it's _ok_ for people doing newpages patrol (especially) to err in
the defense of quality, and that resurrecting a few things here and
there behind them is a small price to pay for avoiding another
Seigenthaler incident.

--Jimbo