[WikiEN-l] The a7 speedy

Tony Sidaway f.crdfa at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 14:04:06 UTC 2005

It's been a while since I did a speedy patrol to check how our
newpages patrollers were handling the A7 "no assertion of notability"
criterion. I was rather shocked. by what I encountered in two short
bouts of patrolling this morning and at lunchtime.

In the following, I list *only* the points of notability that were
contained in the articles at the time they were speedied as
"non-notable".

Michael J. Skindell:  member of the Ohio House of Representatives,
ranking minority member on at least one committee, co-sponsor of a
bill to establish a universal health care plan for all Ohio residents.

Brian Brolly: founder of the national UK radio station, Classic FM,
former CEO of Sir Andrew Lloyd Weber's Really Useful Theatre Company.

B C Joshi: Indian Army General, founder of a paramilitary
counter-insurgency force, the Rashtriya Rifles.

Sambit Bal: A Wisden and Cricinfo editor, founding editor of Wisden
Asia Cricket.

Jake Putnam: Emmy-winning journalist, has won other major awards.

Michael Viscardi: child prodigy, winner of the 2005 Siemens
Westinghouse Competition, won $100,000 in scholarships.

Marissa Siketa: author put it up for deletion as a misspelt article.
Should have been redirected to Marisa Siketa.  Actress in the popular
and longrunning Australian soap opera Neighbours.

The patrollers performing these deletions are all good fellows and are
doing an excellent job, but there seems to be a considerable price in
collateral damage.