[WikiEN-l] Improve AFD - require rationales (2-step process)

Tony Sidaway f.crdfa at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 18:25:39 UTC 2005

On 12/13/05, Ryan Delaney <ryan.delaney at gmail.com> wrote:
>  The mere fact that administrators can decide for
> themselves is what bothers me

I think that's a very good thing.  If we work by consensus, then the
first thing we have to acknowledge is that there is no consensual
definition of consensus, although there is general satisfaction that
Wikipedia usually makes decisions that everybody can live with.  The
latter is termed "rough consensus" and, as an expression of the
reasonableness and tolerance of Wikpiedians, is what keeps Wikipedia
from breaking.