[WikiEN-l] Re: SPOV threatens NPOV

Chris Jenkinson chris at starglade.org
Tue Dec 13 16:34:26 UTC 2005

stevertigo wrote:
> Lets not be sarcastic. Science is largely a process of
> exclusion; Sherlock Holmes style reduction of possible
> explanations. Granted its ground rules are reasonable
> enough to contain some interesting debates which
> stretch the boundaries. But if we say for sake of
> argument that science has little compatibility with
> religion, why then do a reasonable percentage of
> scientists hold religious personal views? Is it just
> for the church dating scene?

What a ridiculous premise for a discussion. Obviously if a large number
of scientists hold religious personal views, then there can't be much of
a conflict (unless all scientists with religious views are schizophrenic).

People who frame science and religion at each other's throats are either
uninformed on the subject, or deceitfully trying to manipulate opinion.

Chris