[WikiEN-l] More Seigenthaler fallout

Matt Brown morven at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 16:29:19 UTC 2005

> Matt Brown wrote:
> > My belief is that in general we should not remove things from page
> > history so easily.
>
> My belief is that in general we should be aggressive about removing
> vandalism from the page history.  If there was an automated way to go
> through on a regular basis and remove reverted versions from the
> history, I would strongly support that we do so.

The problem is that what people normally request removed in this
fashion does not fall under the category of simple vandalism.

I am not against the idea of removing simple vandalism completely from
the history in principle, although I am worried about its potential
for abuse.

Right now, we do not have the automated tools to make doing this
practicable except in specific cases.

-Matt