[WikiEN-l] More Seigenthaler fallout

Jimmy Wales jwales at wikia.com
Tue Dec 13 16:12:01 UTC 2005

Matt Brown wrote:
> My belief is that in general we should not remove things from page
> history so easily.

My belief is that in general we should be aggressive about removing
vandalism from the page history.  If there was an automated way to go
through on a regular basis and remove reverted versions from the
history, I would strongly support that we do so.

The only sensible counter-argument I know of in this area is a concern
for future historians or contemporary researchers who would like to
study the phenomenon of vandalism.  For this, it seems more than enough
to make such revisions available in some limited-access way.  There's
just no reason to keep this junk cluttering up the publicly-viewable
article history.

--Jimbo