[WikiEN-l] More DRV shenanigans

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 11:13:59 UTC 2005

Tony Sidaway wrote:

>As I've outlined before, DRV is even more prone to assumptions of bad
>faith than AfD.  In a great example of instruction creep, it now
>purports to declare some material (not copyright infringing, not
>defamatory) unfit even for a history undeletion.

That's not instruction creep! That's [[scope creep]].

I added a note about how not to get an ulcer from the broken DRV:
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia%3ADeletion_review&diff=31123430&oldid=31112389
Splash added a mild threat:
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia:Deletion_review&diff=next&oldid=31123430
DS1953 removed it:
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia:Deletion_review&diff=next&oldid=31124162
Splash replaced it by rollback:
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia:Deletion_review&diff=next&oldid=31125009
Titoxd removed both as "flammable materials":
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia:Deletion_review&diff=next&oldid=31126365

DRV regulars appear convinced it is a fiefdom unto itself, with only a
passing consideration at best of writing an encyclopedia rather than
fetishisation of process. If there's more than me with the notice on
their user pages about undeletion for viewing, it would be worth
listing a bunch at a time per my original notice.

- d.

- d.