[WikiEN-l] More DRV shenanigans

Tony Sidaway f.crdfa at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 10:50:21 UTC 2005

We've got an undeletion policy that clearly allows for history-only
undeletions.  They don't need to be listed on DRV and they don't need
to be kept for ten days if they are.

Accordingly I've undeleted the history of [[Thomasine Church]],
earlier deleted by AfD and recreated as a redirect (and a very good
one) to an article about the Nasranis, who sometimes use that term to
describe themselves.

Unfortunately I have had to do this in the face of almost unanimous
opposition along the following lines:

"That article was complete, unverified piffle on someone's homebrew
website church. Even hidden in the history it would be detrimental to
the reputation of Wikipedia"

"I agree with most of the above. this should be kept safely out of harm's way"

But original the material is not as toxic as the above statements seem
to say, being simply an account of a US-based church that claims
spiritual links to Thomas.   As far as it goes, it's verifiable, but
slanted somewhat towards the views of that church.

As this is a straightforward matter under the undeletion policy, I've
gone ahead and undeleted.

As I've outlined before, DRV is even more prone to assumptions of bad
faith than AfD.  In a great example of instruction creep, it now
purports to declare some material (not copyright infringing, not
defamatory) unfit even for a history undeletion.