[WikiEN-l] Re: SPOV threatens NPOV

The Cunctator cunctator at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 04:22:01 UTC 2005

On 12/12/05, stevertigo <vertigosteve at yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- The Cunctator <cunctator at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm so glad that I don't have to believe in science
> > for all those
> > engineers and scientists who do make my nice pretty
> > computers and
> > internets and lightbulbs and keyboards and mp3
> > encodings and electric
> > guitars so i can listen to blink 182, which rocks
> > the hardest.

> Lets not be sarcastic. Science is largely a process of
> exclusion; Sherlock Holmes style reduction of possible
> explanations. Granted its ground rules are reasonable
> enough to contain some interesting debates which
> stretch the boundaries. But if we say for sake of
> argument that science has little compatibility with
> religion, why then do a reasonable percentage of
> scientists hold religious personal views? Is it just
> for the church dating scene?

What evidence do you have that I'm being sarcastic?

Why do you say that science has little compatibility with religion?

Are you making the claim that science is inconsistent with religion? If so, how?

Speaking of the church dating scene, I wouldn't denigrate the
biological imperative for a reason for people's behavior.