[WikiEN-l] More Seigenthaler fallout

Guettarda guettarda at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 22:45:35 UTC 2005

>     The article doesn't contain this speculative information currently,
> although at one time Subwayjack did insert it and it was summarily deleted
> (Inserting edit here:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Charles_Whitman&diff=30745179&oldid=30739441).  It
> does remain on the talk page, and I suppose in the article's page history.
> What's the general feeling about how to proceed?  I don't think a person's
> comments on the talk page can be considered libellous, but maybe it's
> advisable to delete that edit from the article itself's revision history.
>
> K.

Kate - my feeling would be to remove the information from the talk page.
There seem to be a lot of complaints about material on talk pages because
search engines can find them.  If it looks really bad, the edit history
might be worth removing too, but as long as it's on the talk page it's
likely to remain an issue.

Ian (Guettarda)