[WikiEN-l] The heart of the deletion problem

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Mon Dec 12 20:07:09 UTC 2005

JAY JG wrote:

>> From: Snowspinner <Snowspinner at gmail.com>
>>
>> Screw shutting down AfD. Let's shut down AfD, TfD, CfD, RfD, IfD,
>> MfD, DRV, RFC, RFA, RFM, RFAr, AN, AN/I, AN/3RR, and CVU, and get
>> back to a system based on understanding what we're doing and doing
>> it  instead of this goddamned alphabet soup.
>
> Wikipedia is getting bigger and bigger, and can't be run like a small
> message board with a couple of moderators.  It's not the tight
> community it once was, and people in distress need places they can go
> for assistance.

Of course it's not the tight community that it used to be.  Still when
people want help they should not be faced with an alphabet soup that the
senior members don't pay attention to anyway.  Just imagine what the US
Constitution would look like if its size had grown in proportion to the
population of the country.  We've only been at it for five years.  What
will Wikipedia rules look like in the year 2230? :-)

Ec