[WikiEN-l] Re: Turn off AfD

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Mon Dec 12 19:17:43 UTC 2005

geni wrote:

>On 12/11/05, Tony Sidaway <f.crdfa at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>Seldom works like that.  Anyone who thinks that AfD is the forum most
>>conducive to assuming bad faith should spend a couple of days reading
>>Deletion Review.  We do have an undeletion policy, but deletion review
>>is conducted in an atmosphere where any attempt to quote that
>>undeletion policy on the page is repeatedly reverted.
>>

>It isn't a policy page.

We're not talking about developing policy, but about quoting it.  A
policy page is about developing the policy.  This is about applying the
policy as it is, right or wrong.  By your reasoning a person defending a
case in court would not be able to quote the law in his own defence.
Put in another way, if one of us were charged in court with copyright
infringement he would be able to claim fair use only if he did not quote
the relevant sections of the law.

Ec