[WikiEN-l] Proposal: Article Improvement Weeks! (was Turn off article creation AND deletion.)

Delirium delirium at hackish.org
Sun Dec 11 21:02:28 UTC 2005

Anthony DiPierro wrote:

>In my opinion it is never acceptable to keep false information in the
>article namespace.  There are places where eventualism is acceptable,
>but presenting false information as true information is not one of
>them.

Known to be false information, yes.  Unverified information is another
beast---a large proportion of our mathematical articles are currently
unreferenced, but almost certainly correct (and can be easily verified
by anyone knowledgeable in the field, or with access to an intro-level
textbook).

If it's an unverified half-sentence stub, perhaps we don't lose much by
simply deleting it.  If it's a good article that just needs some
references added, though, we move backwards by deleting it and forcing
someone later to start from scratch.

-Mark