[WikiEN-l] Why Turn of AFD?

Anthony DiPierro wikilegal at inbox.org
Sun Dec 11 20:05:22 UTC 2005

On 12/10/05, MacGyverMagic/Mgm <macgyvermagic at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Ah, I see what you mean now, you're talking about speedy deletion
> > > nominations.  Can't these be put on [[Wikipedia:Speedy deletions]] for
> > > a central location?  I don't really see what this has to do with AfD,
> > > anyway.
> > >
> > > I'm saying that listing articles on a central page rather than tagging
> > > and categorizing them avoid people from removing tags which shouldn't
> > > be removed.
> >
> > And I don't see what that has to do with AFD.  When we turn off AFD,
> > we turn off tagging articles under AFD too.
> >
> > Anthony
>
> You seem to want to turn off AFD because you think the central page
> sparks too much poisonous feelings.

What are you basing that on?  The main reason I want to turn off AFD
is because it's a huge waste of time.  I went through the first 15 or
so articles listed there, and I think every one of them could be
handled without AFD.

> I'm saying that turning off AFD,
> or using an alternative tagging method like the one speedy uses now
> allows for articles that should be deleted to slip through the net.
> Especially when they have 2 weeks or a month to be manipulated.
>
> Mgm

I don't really see it happening.  The vast majority of the articles
which would be deleted wouldn't need any discussion in the first
place.  For those that do, if all the people who want it to be deleted
forget that it even exists in the first place, well, I don't really
see the harm.

Anthony