[WikiEN-l] Jack Sarfatti makes trouble again

Daniel R. Tobias dan at tobias.name
Sun Dec 11 14:55:18 UTC 2005

The whole Siegenthaler controversy seems to have emboldened all sorts
of people with a gripe against Wikipedia or its editors to come out
of the woodwork and start making trouble, even if they've previously
simmered down.  Now, Jack Sarfatti, who previously objected to the
content of the article on him but ultimately calmed down, seems to be
back on the warpath, and he seems to have decided that I'm his
"Public Enemy #1".  He left these comments on my user page:

| Stop your slander of me and stop vandalizing the page on me. The
| New York Times article on Siegenthaler applies to you. You are a
| political enemy of mine. You are a Liberal with a Mental Disorder.
| Cease your defamation of me. Jack Sarfatti

He also left comments on the talk page of the Sarfatti article, and e-
mailed me.  Isn't it defamation on his own part to allege mental
disorders on my part, or at least practicing psychiatric medicine
without a license?  (No, I'm not making legal threats against him,
just making an observation.)  And making (false) inferences about my
political orientation is unwarranted.

Here are the diffs of my recent edits to Sarfatti's article; did I do
anything out of line?  Sarfatti's edits removed information, and were
often formatted in an incoherent manner.

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Jack_Sarfatti&diff=prev&oldid=30877798
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Jack_Sarfatti&diff=prev&oldid=30929597

--
== Dan ==