[WikiEN-l] Turn off AfD

Mark Gallagher m.g.gallagher at student.canberra.edu.au
Sun Dec 11 14:30:12 UTC 2005

G'day Tony,

> Using WP:MUSIC as a criterion for speedies would be a disaster.  The
> kind of judgement required by WP:MUSIC and similar guidelines is
> rather subjective and requires some research to be done--which
> newpages patrollers are, perhaps understandably, reluctant to do.

Exactly.  We need AfD for deciding if a band passes WP:MUSIC --- and, if
not, whether we should still keep it.

Getting rid of AfD and replacing it with speedy-if-not-WP:MUSIC would be
a Very Bad Idea, for reasons elucidated by Tony and Matt.  Getting rid
of AfD and *not* allowing the use of WP:MUSIC to consider speedying will
just result in the flood of band vanity articles getting stronger.

--
Mark Gallagher
"What?  I can't hear you, I've got a banana on my head!"