[WikiEN-l] Re: Turn off AfD

Tony Sidaway f.crdfa at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 10:55:12 UTC 2005

On 12/11/05, MacGyverMagic/Mgm <macgyvermagic at gmail.com> wrote:

> I agree, DRV is making it quite hard to get valid stuff undeleted, but
> if one allows just two people to agree on stuff like this I expect a
> lot of deletion wars. Addressing people ignoring the need to undelete
> when new evidence is presented in DRV seems more useful to me. Have
> you got any particular case in mind?

Not just one case. I take issue with the general tenor of discussion
on DRV, which contrary to the undeletion policy actively discounts
and, with considerable success, attempts to disenfranchise views on
the acceptability of the article content.  Sometimes I've seen a
statement along the lines of "I don't think this should have been
deleted, but the AfD was within process so we cannot undelete it."

I have attempted several times to quote the undeletion policy "Article
wrongly deleted (ie that Wikipedia would be a better encyclopedia with
the article restored)", but the clique on that page does not recognise
the undeletion policy and reverts any such edits, claiming that there
is no consensus for them.  There are false claims in templates on the
page to the effect that this isn't the place to go if you disagree
with an AfD result--which is utter nonsense.  In short, the undeletion
policy is being actively traduced by DRV.