[WikiEN-l] Turn off AfD

Mark Gallagher m.g.gallagher at student.canberra.edu.au
Sun Dec 11 02:59:30 UTC 2005

G'day Mgm,

> Pottercast/PotterCast (and podcasts in general)
> Forums and Blogs
> Bands (C-Moon - German, is it vanity or not?)
> Schools (examples shouldn't be needed for this one), although I have
> to admit discussion is pretty much growing on this. I'm sure this will
> eventually lead to notability guidelines.
>
> All these could be covered by some number statistic and notability
> guidelines, but a quick test to easily determine its deletion
> worthiness is much harder. Doesn't mean we shouldn't try to find one,
> though.

Bands are a good example.  In theory, we could say "failing WP:MUSIC
makes them speediable".  But there's always a chance that we might want
to keep articles on some of the bands which fail WP:MUSIC ... and that's
what AfD is for.

AfD isn't for *deleting*, it's for *keeping*.  AfD is the compromise
between geni's "admins can delete anything they like" idea and Anthony
(and others') disguised "nothing verifiable should be deleted, ever" idea.

--
Mark Gallagher
"What?  I can't hear you, I've got a banana on my head!"