[WikiEN-l] Re: Turn off AfD

Tony Sidaway f.crdfa at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 00:59:22 UTC 2005

On 12/10/05, MacGyverMagic/Mgm <macgyvermagic at gmail.com> wrote:

> Why should 2 people be able to overthrow a bunch of others in case
> where there's nothing wrong with their judgement?

One person can do it.  Why should "a bunch of others" *not* be wrong
in their judgement?

> You'd need a bloody
> good reasons for an undeletion.

Like getting it wrong.

But undeletions as well as deletions should be proofed and
> checked by the community before they happen.

Seldom works like that.  Anyone who thinks that AfD is the forum most
conducive to assuming bad faith should spend a couple of days reading
Deletion Review.  We do have an undeletion policy, but deletion review
is conducted in an atmosphere where any attempt to quote that
undeletion policy on the page is repeatedly reverted.