[WikiEN-l] Why Turn of AFD?

Tony Sidaway f.crdfa at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 00:45:03 UTC 2005

On 12/10/05, MacGyverMagic/Mgm <macgyvermagic at gmail.com> wrote:

> No, I mean they may forget to list an obviously deletable article after 2 weeks.
> I don't know what I did 2 weeks ago on the wiki. Do you? I'm saying we
> shouldn't delay deletions just because deletion upsets some people.

Really if that's your worry then you should look at the economics.

To list an article for deletion requires a minimum of three edits:

1) Edit article.
2) Edit deletion page.
3) Edit AfD day log to transclude deletion page.

If you encounter an article that needs to be deleted but cannot be
speedy deleted during an experimental closing of AfD, just add a link
to that article to your user page.

That's *one* edit.

If at the end of the experiment you look at the article again, and you
still think it needs to be deleted, then list it for deletion.

If instead it's turned into something good, then we've learned
something and a good article has been produced.

An alternative would be to permit AfD to continue as usual, but on the
understanding that no AfD closes would be performed for the duration
of the experiment, except valid speedy deletions and speedy keeps
under the normal terms.