[WikiEN-l] Preformatted blank articles? (was Experiment on new pages and GFDL)

Brian Haws brian at bhaws.com
Sat Dec 10 22:01:49 UTC 2005

Andrew Gray <shimgray at gmail.com> wrote:  On 09/12/05, David Gerard  wrote:

> While this would just be wikitext, and any experienced Wikipedia regular
> could of course format an article how they liked, new editors would be
> presented clearly with what we expect from a new article.
>
> With this in place, I think we could even allow anons to create articles
> again on en:. They certainly wouldn't just put "so what do you want me
> to type?"

Another benefit: stick in [[Category:New articles]] as prefilled text
at the bottom. We end up with a cleanup category, where articles will
go until someone hacks them about a bit and (eg) categorises them. A
nice corrolary to Newpages, in that you can see an experienced editor
*hasn't* been at the page yet...

It's worth a shot.

--
- Andrew Gray