[WikiEN-l] Turn off article creation AND deletion.

geni geniice at gmail.com
Sat Dec 10 19:23:49 UTC 2005

On 12/10/05, stevertigo <vertigosteve at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Brilliant. Really, really fucking brilliant!
> I love it when people express radical and free ideas
> which wont ever be tried unless by undemocratic
> decree.
>
> The only problem with it is that AFD people are are
> there precisely because they are neither good article
> progenitors nor good article editors. That's why we
> call them "Deletionists" --because that's just what
> they do. I attach no value judgement to the name of
> "Deletionist" other than any pre-concieved social
> prejudice that values creation over destruction.
>
> Ergo, Creativity needs a mirror in Destruction
> --taking away such a major function will mean that
> those who have over time been driven to AFD (whatever
> meaning one may give to "driven") will take their
> skills of destruction to articles -- destructive
> reverts, rollbacks, cutting etc.
>
> All of which can be good--dont get me wrong--and
> certainly putting doing these in balance is the best
> kind of approach. But as they say in Go, a masterful
> player will see the difference between a good move and
> a bad one as like 'the difference between a feather
> and a cinder block.' Not known for their
> feather-sensitive sublety --Deletionists need
> somewhere to go to do what it is they do.
>
> Stevertigo

Blameing the deletionists. Not logical.

133 Inclusionists
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Association_of_Inclusionist_Wikipedians/Members

94 Deletionists

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Association_of_Deletionist_Wikipedians

Deletion requires a 2/3s majority. There is no logical way that the
deletionists should be able to win against the inclusionists.

--
geni