[WikiEN-l] Does WP have legal advice?

Andrew Gray shimgray at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 21:31:30 UTC 2005

On 09/12/05, Matt Brown <morven at gmail.com> wrote:
> The problem as I see it is that the Wikimedia Foundation might not
> want to appear to be passing out legal advice to our contributors ...

Indeed. The WMF takes legal advice when it feels the need to take
advice, as I understand it; when an active legal issue arises where
we're doing something particularly wrong, Things Get Done With
Emphasis, Underlined, In Parentheses And Quotated.

(or something like that)

Recall, for example, the missing-articles-in-Britannica list deletions...

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk