[WikiEN-l] Turn off AfD

David Gerard fun at thingy.apana.org.au
Fri Dec 9 21:29:57 UTC 2005

JAY JG wrote:
> From: Tony Sidaway <f.crdfa at gmail.com>
>> On 12/9/05, Keith Old <keithold at gmail.com> wrote:

>> > If we got rid of AfD, we'd have to sort through the Deletion logs,

>> Only for a short while.  After a few waggy fingers and blocks, the
>> administrators performing inappropriate out-of-process deletions would
>> stop.  Trust me on this.  Calvinball.

> Here's an even better idea; let's not mess with something that's working
> reasonably well.

Assumption of fact not in evidence. AFD is not working reasonably well.
Deletion of pages is one thing; the current culture of AFD is utterly
poisonous to the community and has an appalling tendency to assumption
of bad faith, *especially* when anyone dares question how it currently
works. (wikien-l is apparently regarded as an enemy of AFD now.
Goodness!) I believe there's an arbitration case on at the moment
concerning precisely this atmosphere of bad faith perpetuated on AFD.

- d.