[WikiEN-l] Turn off AfD

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 14:38:51 UTC 2005

Keith Old wrote to The Cunctator:

> People should give serious thought to the consequences of such actions
> before they post. All that would happen is that we would end up with one
> hell of a mess.
> In any case, those people who are so concerned about AfD should come up with
> a serious proposal that would work better. As yet, I have not seen such a
> proposal.

I don't doubt Keith or Travis's good faith at all, but I do think the
above is a good example of the attitude of assumption of bad faith by
outsiders the AFD process currently seems to foster - and particularly
the hostile reaction to most suggestions of change. This in itself is
enough reason to suffer a month's AFD fodder passing, to see if it
gets any better.

- d.