[WikiEN-l] I'm requesting to be unblocked

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 12:38:22 UTC 2005

>My account, Silver Marmot, was blocked from editing pages. The reason given
>was that my account was too similar to a user named "Marmot." I looked him
>up and saw that he must have done a lot of vandalism and stuff. At any rate,
>I am not the user "Marmot" and would like to be allowed to edit articles
>again. Thanks.

I've unblocked the account, as you clearly aren't MARMOT. I've also
placed a note to this effect on [[WP:ANI]].

But please do grit your teeth and be as polite as possible in edit
summaries :-) Working productively with people you think are idiots is
probably *the* most important skill you can have on Wikipedia.

The relevant policy pages are [[Wikipedia:Civility]] and
[[Wikipedia:No personal attacks]]. Brusqueness in edit summaries is
regarded as particularly bad because they can't be edited.

- d.

[[cc to list]]