[WikiEN-l] Turn off AfD

MacGyverMagic/Mgm macgyvermagic at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 10:09:07 UTC 2005

Basically, I agree with Keith here.
We need some centralized discussion. Not only is does it take a lot
less time for admins to manage one central place and delete what needs
to be deleted, it's also easier to refer people to that place.

Also without AFD, there's still too many articles that can't get
speedied because of a technicality. "More than one person bvut still
vanity" and "advertising" come to mind. They're deleted 99% (figure of
speech) of the time and AFD research shows those are the kind of
deletions often uncontested.

How are we going to get rid of non-speediable crap without AFD?
How is everyone going to have input (the wiki way)?

Turning off AFD even for one day will cause too much of a mess.
Sure, we can clean it up eventually, but why open your bag of trash
indoors when the garbage man is waiting outside?

No matter what method you use, deletion is always going to have some
ill-will with it. It's something that can't be avoided until we all
reach common ground, and stop taking deletions personal.

As Keith said, you can use AFD without any ill-feelings by simply
bringing forth good arguments.

Mgm