[WikiEN-l] Turn off AfD

Bryan Derksen bryan.derksen at shaw.ca
Fri Dec 9 02:52:34 UTC 2005

Jtkiefer wrote:

> Ok, if someone comes up with a serious proposal then I'll voice my nay
> or aye on it but the thought of entirely turning off AFD for even a
> short period of time is ludicrious.

That's bit of an opinion. Personally, I can't see why turning it off for
a short time is "ludicrous"; if it turns out to suck and we turn it back
on it'll just have to run at slightly higher capacity than usual to work
through the backlog that built up during the outage. If AfD can't handle
running at a slightly higher capacity then it's all going to fall apart
in a little while anyway once Wikipedia grows past that limit.