[WikiEN-l] Libel law

Mark Gallagher m.g.gallagher at student.canberra.edu.au
Thu Dec 8 11:34:04 UTC 2005

G'day Anthony,

> On 12/7/05, Ray Saintonge <saintonge at telus.net> wrote:
>>What you may or may not be personally interested in is not a problem.
>>It's perfectly normal for anyone to be interested in the laws of his own
>>country, and citizens of other countries will have concerns about how
>>they are affected by US law
>
> But it's wrong to point out that most people on this list don't live
> in the UK, and therefore don't care about UK libel law?

*I* don't live in the UK (I'm a fan of sunshine, thankyou), but I *am*
interested in British law.  Your logical expressions need work.

Also: stop digging.  *Please*.  Ray took something you said the wrong
way; the stupidest thing you could do as a result is to argue for the
sake of arguing and convince him he was right.

Cheers,

--
Mark Gallagher
"What?  I can't hear you, I've got a banana on my head!"