[WikiEN-l] Adam Curry

Jimmy Wales jwales at wikia.com
Wed Dec 7 14:41:08 UTC 2005

So, lost in the press uproar over the Seigenthaler incident is the Adam
Curry / podcasting incident.

A friend who knows about the podcasting community tells me that our
article is currently not very good.  I personally think that the problem
is the age old problem which happens when partisans with a fight from
somewhere else on the Internet spill over into Wikipedia to have their
fight.

The solution is: get rid of the partisans, and focus the attention of
good Wikipedians on the topic.  Input from various factions is fine, but
we also need to take a firm stand on not allowing any of them to hijack
or subvert the article in an attempt to win points in their own external
fight.

I have no policy recommendations, but I do hope this email will prompt
several people to add these articles to your routine patrols.

--Jimbo