[WikiEN-l] Experiment on new pages

sydney poore poore5 at adelphia.net
Wed Dec 7 14:02:41 UTC 2005

Anthony DiPierro wrote:

>Or maybe he just wants Wikipedia to stop calling itself an encyclopedia
>(because it's really just a common carrier - an ISP).  I could
>actually see his point there, though I'm not sure if I agree and it's
>almost definitely not going to happen anyway.  Either way, if his only
>beef is with Wikipedia then why include the other two paragraphs about
>anonymity and lack of legal recourse.
>
>Anthony

Because he is a big thinker. As he points out laws can change. Also new legal precedents are possible. Is an Internet wiki encyclopedia different enough from other types of media or publishers to require new laws or interpretation?

This man is not a Wikipedia enemy. Did he overreact? Maybe. Very likely it was a case of the straw that broke the camels back. A generational issue, too.

In the long run, his feedback will help us more than hurt us.

Sydney