[WikiEN-l] About our disclaimer and what I wish...

Fastfission fastfission at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 04:10:29 UTC 2005

Actually it is worse that they are no more accurate than we are.

Our errors can be fixed in moments. Theirs exist in perpetuity. If
someone had written this information about Seigenthaler on a geocities
page it would have taken him a week to get removed and he'd still have
no real idea who wrote it. They wouldn't even give up the IP address
without a court order (as they shouldn't).

(And while we are on the topic of mainstream media errors, in an
article from last Thursday, December 1, in the feature article on the
front page of the New York Times Business section, it said, and I
quote, "The Samotlor oil field in Russia has a distinct shape and is
easily discernable on a satellite image. It can be located quickly by
searching the web or using a mapping program. Regardless, the *Soviet
Union* continues to produce and distribute maps that obscure the
locaitons of landmarks." My emphasis added. Just in case you get
interviewed by the NYT, Jimbo.)

FF