[WikiEN-l] Experiment on new pages

geni geniice at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 23:47:11 UTC 2005

On 12/6/05, Kelly Martin <kelly.lynn.martin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/6/05, geni <geniice at gmail.com> wrote:
> > They are not database servers only squids so we are probably safe. We
> > could also drop them if it became a problem.
>
> Those servers constitute a "legal presence" in those jurisdictions.
> The WMF's investment in those servers is at risk in the event of an
> unfavorable legal finding in one of those jurisdictions or in any
> jurisdiction from which one of those jurisdictions will grant
> execution of an adverse judgment.  I don't know enough about EU law
> and the enforceability of foreign judgments within the EU to know
> whether a UK judgment could be enforced in France in such a situation.
>
> Kelly

doubtful. Legal systems in europe tend to be fairly seperate (just to
confuse thing further there are two diffent legal systems in the UK,
Scotish and everyone else). The European arrrest warrent is criminal
cases only and even then doesn't cover everything. After that you are
looking at extradition treaties and things get really complex.
--
geni